Click here to register https://www.breathefreenow.org/
BreatheFreeNow and The Breathing Project are pleased to present a FREE breathing workshop led by internationally recognized breathing and movement educator, Leslie Kaminoff.
There is nothing more fundamental than the breath. To recognize this, we need look no further than to the people in our lives suffering from ailments such as asthma, COPD or restrictive lung disease (e.g. pulmonary fibrosis). In times of stress, however, even those of us with healthy lung function are prone to breath restriction. When this occurs, it’s helpful to know techniques that integrate our breath with simple movement, thereby relaxing and grounding us.
We can all benefit from guidance on how to better align ourselves with our breath. This event is an opportunity to practice breathing with greater awareness, clarity and strength.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We will explore fundamental breathing techniques, with an emphasis on linking breath to simple movements, revealing individual breathing patterns and finding ways to free ourselves from habits that may not be serving us.
- Attendees will learn key concepts about the anatomy of respiration, deepen awareness of their breath, and practice simple exercises they can continue practicing on their own.
- The workshop will be accessible and adaptable for all experience levels.
- Participants must be able to: breathe unassisted, have comfort with basic physical movements, and sit and stand independently.
- Please wear comfortable attire.